Targeted Grazing On-The-Ground 2015
Please join us for online workshops to see how the principles of targeted grazing are applied on the ground. Online presentations and discussions will be led by people who are applying targeted grazing to accomplish landscape goals. Made possible by the Targeted Grazing Committee of the Society for Range Management.
Starting Thursday, October 8 – 11:30 Pac/12:30 Mtn/1:30 Cntr/2:30 Eastern
Free! Register Here to make sure you get e-mail reminders and updates.
All you need is a computer and good internet connection. Bring co-workers, students, or colleagues to sit in on sessions with you. Make it a lunch if you are in the western states.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for SRM Certified Professionals in Rangeland Management are available upon request and completion. To verify you participation for a CEU and have your name sent to the SRM please complete our online form.
- October 8, 2015 – Grazing for specific objectives—Realistically determining objectives for your targeted grazing program.
Facilitator Beth Reynolds, California Polytechnic State University – San Luis Obispo
- View Presentation on YouTube
- November 19, 2015 – Targeted Grazing for Endangered Species
Facilitator by Dr. Marc Horney, California Polytechnic State University – San Luis Obispo
- December 17, 2015 – Livestock and wildlife interactions—Using targeted grazing to develop wildlife habitat.
Facilitator Dr. John Hendrickson, ARS Northern Great Plains Research Laboratory
- View presentation on YouTube
- January 14, 2016 – Multi-species grazing—Determining management keys for grazing multiple livestock species together.
Facilitator Dr. John Walker, Texas A&M University
- February 18, 2016 – Navigating Programs and Contracts to Make Targeted Grazing a Reality.
Facilitator Dr. Karen Launchbaugh, University of Idaho
Instructions to Join Live On-line Workshop
All you need is a computer, a good internet connection, and a phone. Or, watch on a mobile device (i.e., smartphone or tablet) that can connect to the internet.
1) To SEE the online workshop, we are using the join.me system so you will NOT need to download special software to view the presentations.
- To join meeting – Click here: join.me/rangecenter
Or, enter https://join.me/rangecenter in your web browser.
You will see a box to Enter Your Name.
2) To HEAR the workshop audio you will need to call by phone with a conference number that will be provided. To join the conference audio, click the phone icon
You will have 2 options:
- 1- Join the audio via the internet (requires downloading the desktop app and speakers/headphones). Unless you have a very fast internet connection, your audio will be of low quality. We recommend you have a phone handy to hear the conference and choose the phone option.
- 2- Join the audio by phone. Dial the Conference Number and Conference ID displayed on your screen when you click this option.
3) To ASK QUESTIONS during the webinar, use the chat feature in the menu bar to type your question to the moderator.
4) Computer Requirements and testing: